Job Title: QA Tester
Reports to: Director of R&D
Location: Remote – Telecommute
Early stage Healthcare IT Company specializing in delivery of Clinical Decision Support content to healthcare organizations and health plans. Seeking new team member who can fulfill the quality related responsibilities of a cross-functional, agile software development team.
The core function of this position is to own and manage testing responsibilities of our products to maintain and improve its quality, working with both engineering and product teams.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness and ability to help create great software as part of a fluid, close-knit team of individuals who are smart, and love what they do.
This position will provide the successful candidate with personal development opportunities in a rapidly growing company with disruptive technology.
- Create test cases, test plans, and specifications as well as creating or acquiring test data sets.
- Actively participate as a member of an agile development team and help the team deliver the highest quality products.
- Work closely with engineers, product owners, and sales staff to create comprehensive feature requests, test plans, as well as contribute to internal and client documentation.
- Develop standard testing and quality practices.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of regression tests.
- Increase functional test coverage by both expanding existing coverage, as well as creating new test suites.
- Two years of experience in testing web services and web applications.
- Ability to think critically and understand complex systems.
- Quick learner with high attention to detail.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and help triage issues.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
- Passionate team member eager to collaborate to create great software.
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience in the medical IT field.
- Experience understanding relational data models, and writing SQL against relational databases
- Knowledge of QA best practices and testing methodologies.